Hi! I’m Lindsay. Thanks for stopping by!
I’m on a journey to always choose butterflies. I don’t always succeed, but when I do, it’s pretty cool.
I really like lists. So it makes sense that I introduce myself in…
A List Of Things To Know About Lindsay That May Help Understand Where She’s Coming From As You Read Her Blog
- One of my favourite things in the world is being in community. I love investing in others and “doing life” alongside my community.
- I’m single. I live on my own in the suburbs of Toronto. It may not be where I pictured myself being at this point in my life, but I embrace it. Having a community makes that possible.
- I work in healthcare communications, with a focus on digital and internal communications. I love using the digital world to engage and connect people.
- I’m a recovering workaholic/people-pleaser. This tweet from Louie Giglio reshaped my perspective on work:
Work hard. Do your best. Go the extra mile. But always remember: you are NOT your job nor defined by your position.
— Louie Giglio (@louiegiglio) April 24, 2012
- I love anything on a stage. I cannot act, dance or sing, but appreciate those that can. Experiencing live theatre is where I feel most alive.
- I love anything by the water. Swimming, boating, beaching, docking – doesn’t matter. Being by the water is where I feel most at peace.
- I belong to a really cool church community called The Meeting House.
- I’m timid. I’ll usually shy away from adventure and do what feels safe and comfortable. I’m trying to change that by choosing butterflies.
I’d love to hear from you. Feel free to contact me.
Lindsay, I love your blog! have you read “Quiet”: the Power of Introverts? It made me see shyness – which I also have – in a whole new light. xox
I haven’t! But it sounds interesting. I’ll add it to my reading list. Thanks Fi!
Oh Lindsay, I absolutely love this blog and can’t wait to learn more about your butterflies as you discover them!
I love your blog name and concept of choosing butterflies. I’m also on that journey and like lists too! Check out this post I recently found in my inbox and hopefully an inspiration too 🙂 http://www.profitguide.com/manage-grow/leadership/can-introverts-succeed-as-entrepreneurs-63845
Great article. Thanks for sharing!
I’ve never met you but I think we would get along! I too am an introverted extrovert or vice versa. I love the theatre but also can’t sing or dance! I’m also trying to challenge myself to choose adventure/do hard things! Found you through Katie D and Kerri F. I also go to The Meeting House. Maybe we can meet one day! Great Blog!!!
Erin, I keep hearing your name come up, but we keep missing each other at various events! I’ve joked with Katie and Kerri that I’m not sure you actually exist – kind of a “polka roo” situation 🙂 I agree, we’d probably get along really well. We’ll have to get Katie/Kerri on that!
Thanks for checking out my blog and letting me know 🙂 I’d love to hear more about how you’re challenging yourself!
I absolutely love your list and this blog! Having only just found this blog – thank you for telling me about it! – I logged on to peruse the site, but then spent the last few hours reading post after post. Your insights are beautiful and inspirational – and they make me smile, genuinely smile. Keep writing. Always.
That means so much to me – thanks Janine!